Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rock Rock Roll

I had I Just Wasn't Made For These Times in my ears this morning and thought it a perfect song to post today. Then when I searched for a version to put up here I decided I might want to go with another Beach Boys song. But, I can't decide which to post! I think I’ll post a few that fit today's dark and bitter day. So let's get things started with the song that first got me in the mood.



How about something a bit more playful? Maybe even borderline creepy. How about, Do You Like Worms? This one was recorded for the ill-fated album 'Smile'. The song was never officially released but if you're like me you have at least 2 boxed sets containing all of the recorded takes. Anyway, this is Brian Wilson at his absolute craziest, most creative and questionably at his songwriting peak. This song was recorded in 1966 but was way ahead of its time as was the entire album which was eventually scrapped. Enjoy.



and for posterity let's post something you would expect to hear when someone mentions the Beach Boys. Please Let me Wonder is probably one of the most beautiful and amazing songs ever written. I don't know if you can tell but...I love the Beach Boys and Brian Wilson. Just listen to those voices!

No comments:

Post a Comment